Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kings County Jerky Co.

image courtesy of Kings County Jerky Co.


I picked up a pack of Kings County Jerky Co. Classic jerky this weekend at Brooklyn Flea. It is really good jerky. You can really taste the difference that grass-fed beef and freshly ground spices make!

I've been eating jerky for as long as I can remember. I have these memories of my parents bringing back jerky (in both strips and crumbly bits form) from their New York day trips because they were of better quality than Boston's. (No, my parents did not travel four hours just for jerky. I'm sure they stuck around for dim sum as well).

And lately, I've been enjoying South African jerky, biltong, that my South African friend's friend is smoking in his hand-built smoke house outside of LA and shipping over to us. I bought this Classic pack for my South African friend, who said today, "This is the best American jerky I've had." This is a huge compliment coming from someone who's serious about meat.

You can buy Kings County jerky at the Brooklyn Flea on Saturdays, at the New Amsterdam market on Sundays, and online. The other flavors include Korean BBQ, Orange Ginger, and the vegan Portobello (not so sure about his one...).

No comments: