Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Dunkin' Don't Make Sense



The first time it happened, up at a Dunkin' Donuts in Harlem, I thought it was just a fluke. Now that it has happened again, in Brooklyn, I just don't understand how this is supposed to make the franchise money.

I go into Dunkin' Donuts to order a sausage, egg and cheese croissant sandwich with a SMALL coffee. HOWEVER, when I went to pay, it costs MORE than if I order the Combo of the sausage, egg and cheese croissant sandwich with a MEDIUM coffee. And, no, you can't have a small coffee with the sandwich at the combo price. You have to get the medium coffee. You have to get more coffee than you wanted to drink just so you will save fifty cents.

The thought of waste and increasing my carbon footprint gnawed on my conscience, but I went ahead and got the medium coffee anyway. I just thought how ridiculous it all was and part of me wanted to stick it to Dunkin' Donuts and their stupidity. Why couldn't I just get a small coffee and have it be the same price? I would be saving Dunkin' Donuts the extra coffee, and in turn, money.

If anyone can explain to me how this is at all beneficial (perhaps someone who works for Dunkin' Donuts?), I would greatly appreciate it. I just can't wrap my head around the mathematics of it all. And I'm good at math.

No comments: