Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vegan Vegetable Bouillon

image courtesy of amazon.com


I first came across Rapunzel Vegan Vegetable Bouillon with Sea Salt & Herbs cubes at the Met in my neighborhood a few years back. Ever since they stopped carrying them, I've been trying other bouillon cubes, but none have matched up to its flavor (my mac & cheese hasn't been the same!). Now, before you go lecturing me about the appalling nature of using bouillon cubes instead of making fresh vegetable stock and freezing it for later use (yes, I'm thinking about what Gordon Ramsey would say), I have to say it does make a tasty broth.

So, to my delight, I came across them in the broth aisle when I went to Whole Foods last night to pick up some ingredients for dinner. My Moroccan couscous dish thanks Rapunzel for its deliciousness!

There are two other varieties that Rapunzel makes, which I haven't tried yet: regular with sea salt and no salt added.

Ingredients for these cubes: sea salt, organic non-hydrogenated palm oil, yeast extract, organic basil, organic parsley, organic garlic, organic tumeric, organic lovage, organic celery, organic dill. One packet of 8 cubes makes 1 gallon of broth (each cube makes 2 cups). At Whole Foods for $2.99.

No comments: